Services for Family Members and their Caregivers
Money Care is a key member of an individual’s caregiving team, committed to helping clients maintain as much independence as possible. We assist vulnerable adults, often preventing or delaying the need for institutionalization. As daily money managers, we oversee our client’s daily finances, easing the burden for caregivers struggling to balance work, family and elderly parents.
- Monitoring and reconciling financial accounts
- Overseeing and providing clarity on cash flow
- Managing bill payments, verifying they are paid on time
- Tracking income and expenses
- Reviewing, sorting and explaining the mail
- Overseeing charitable contributions and gifts
- Helping to protect the client from financial abuse and fraud
- Handling questions with vendors
- Organizing tax documents and financial records
- Preparing reports for the client’s accountant, attorney, financial advisor, and the court
- Providing guidance and support to navigate financial institutions, service providers, and professional advisors
- Coordinating paperwork to update estate, beneficiary, and gifting plans
- Serving as fiduciary and, in Vermont, as executor for simple estates
Money Care’s daily money management services complement the work of legal, tax and investment professionals to support clients’ long-term financial goals.
Services outside Chittenden County, Vermont are provided electronically. Individuals looking for assistance with budgeting and debt reduction are encouraged to seek consultants who specialize in these areas.
Money Care follows the Code of Ethics of the American Association of Daily Money Managers